09 February 2007

How Charming....

..> ..> From: Kudo

http://www.myspace.com/kjadedaniels

Date: Feb 9, 2007 7:13 PM
Flag as Spam or Report Abuse [ ? ]
Subject: u r fucking RUDE!!!
Body: You are an abomination to the lord and should parish in hell for what you said about rainbows and God having "Gay sex"! Not everyone is like you! You filthy nasty little girl. Grow up!


..>..>


************************************************************

This precious little missive was sent to me today by some random 17 year old girl in Las Vegas. It strikes me as odd on several levels:

1) the child clearly has no sense of humor. However, since this is often the case when it comes to people's understanding and definition of divinity, I get it. I do. I can see why she -- as (I infer) a God-loving/fearing person -- would be offended. I feel the same way when people tell me that they hate gays in the name of the very same lord who tried to teach people about love and forgiveness.

2) Okay, all theological questions aside, if you believe that God invented the Heavens and the Earth, doesn't it follow logically that God created sex as well? Right? Sex is supposed to be a sacrament, right? But God also created it to be fun as well... I don't know, I like to think of a playful divinity, one who went out and played with the platypusses and giraffes and ellies back in the garden. It stands to reason that God would have had as much sex as possible, straight and gay.

2.5) Well, the Greek gods had sex.

2.75) I once told my friends on Norris 4th that I planned to have as much sex as possible in case a god took a human form (or, you know, like a shower of gold coins or a swan or something) to have sex with me. Because what if a god went to all that trouble to change forms, and then I was a bad lay? Really, wouldn't that be a sin against the gods?

3) What I don't get is randomly sending people mean messages. Seriously, what?

4) My latest hobby is picking up student notes and reading them.... they encompass the entire spectrum of human drama: loudly proclaimed love, abject hate, jealousy, infidelity, sympathy, comedy, gossip, and friendship -- all wrapped in neat little packages of bad handwriting and poor grammar. It's funny to have one such note directed at me.... (for the first time in perhaps 15 years).

5) Isn't it weird that when I was this little girl's age, she was in first grade? And now she's sending me mean myspace messages? I think the world is so neat that way. In high school, I had to do a family tree, and as part of my project, I made a picto-graph charting the geographic locations of my three parents in the last 50 years. I just found it so incredibly interesting that three totally separate human beings, born in different cities in different years, at one point in time living in three separate countries (Vietnam, France, and Chicago, which is its own country in my book), could intersect in such a way that they found themselves sharing one life, raising two little girls. I just think that's awesome. I think it's pretty neat, too, that when I was going to Disney World and crying over the death of my golden retriever and learning all 50 states in alphabetical order, there was a baby born in Las Vegas who would grow up to call me a filthy nasty little girl. Small world, right??

6) And, um... for the record:

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.






I'm just saying....

No comments: