18 November 2003

Tuesday Night


Time: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 12:59:49 -0600
From: "Backes, Eileen"
To: "Molly Backes"
Subject: FW: Belief-O-Matic Belief-O-Matic Selector Results

Hi, Moll -

I took the quiz in your blog and thought you might be scared
to see just how closely my answers matched yours. By the way,
I read the Onion article - Mother Discovers Blog - last week
and only found it mildly amusing.

BUT, I was ALARMED and APPALLED to think of the time and
money and effort spent educating you as an English teacher
and writer when I saw the incorrect and grating usage of
language in your blog of 11-17-03. Namely, to paraphrase,
"the Chataqua, begun by Mike and Davey and Ian and
MYSELF????????????????????????????????????????????
????????????
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I could not believe it. I still can't. What the hell?
Nostalgia about OHS making you write in Oregonics???
Like an ignorant hick?? Jeeeez, Mol....

If there is an explanation for this I'd be interested in hearing it.

Love, from the mommy who USED to be an English major
and still knows you should have used "me"

***

Aack! I AM appalled!! Obviously what I meant to write was,
"...The Chautauqua, begun by Mike and Ian and Davey and YOURS TRULY."

My sincerest apologies for this grave error.

***

In other news, today my bully-proofing sixth graders were writing PA announcements to be read over the intercom, and at the end of class I had each group come up and read their announcement to the rest of the class.

This one kid got up and said sincerely, "We'd like to dedicate this one to all our friends in Pink Floyd," and then played the air guitar for a moment ("nuh nuh NUH NUH NUH!") before singing,

"We don't need no pushy bullies!
Nuh nuh nuh NUH NUH nuh nuh NUH NUH
HEY! BULLIES! Leave those kids alone!!"


Needless to say, I laughed so hard I cried.

No comments: